Friday, May 24, 2013

Colour Feel

I propose we each complete individual color exercises similar to the one in the image and share them with each other - fun activity AMIRITE? Jess, I remember you and I discussing this at some point but we never ended up actually doing the 'exercise'.
 
I remembered this photo I saved after having this strange experience when I was hanging out with my new friend Fred the other day. What happened was, he came over just as Caroline was leaving my place, we all spoke at the door for a few minutes (Humphrey was getting his advice on planning a trip to Central America) and then she left. He was wearing... A button down plaid shirt that was both bright green and vibrant blue, creating a sort of aqua color when the two colors overlapped. We were sitting on the couch discussing our days in my mellow-vibes, uncluttered, humid apartment. He was speaking really quickly, perhaps even over-zealously and my mood was much more mellow. And that's when and where it happened, me straddling him as he gently stroked my arms and spoke to me on the couch. I don't know what came over me exactly or even how I was acting, but at one point he just looked me in the eye and said, "I get the feeling you're about to kick me out or something", which I randomly wasn't even surprised to have heard him say. I simply replied, "Fred, I know this is going to sound ridiculous but would you mind taking off your shirt. I'm having some sort of reaction to the color combination". He gladly took it off... later that night we had sex so he would have taken it off anyways I suppose..but still..

What was THAT? 

I'm not quite sure exactly what happened in my brain to cause this flustered outburst. I know I felt a total aversion to his shirt though. I'm certain it must have been a culmination of factors; my mood, his mood, his shirt, my white apartment (and comfort zone), the pace at which he was speaking. BUT STILL.

So now, I am seriously considering colors and the way they make me feel.

CL



No comments:

Post a Comment